BLOG, BLOG, BLOG!


Thought for today:


I'm still on the subject of blogging, just can't get it out of my mind.

This thought: how many blogs do you author? and why?

Me, I author three blogs, I guess to satisfy my three different moods or personalities. WANDERER'S NOOK
is my poetry blog. I love poetry, I view poetry as a jig-saw puzzle. Piecing together my thoughts in similes and metaphors is a challenge. This month I'm focusing on Black-American poets in honor of Black-History month.

So far, I've only posted one Renaissance poet [Langston Hughes] on this site. I find it ashame, that the Harlem Renaissance was cut short due to WWI. So many works by gifted painters, writers, and poets were lost in the smoke.

My second blog is this one, Voice-A-Thought. When I feel like rambling on about any and everything, I come here and start typing away.

My newest blog is ADHD -- A Mother's Diary
This blog is a diary/memory blog focusing on raising a child with ADHD [attention deficit hyperactivity disorder] Here I hope to add some insight and help others who have children or know of people who have children with this disorder.

I'm also focusing on Adult ADHD, my son is now grown but, terribly suffers from this brain-short circuit. ADHD can affect social and work relationships.

My first two blogs are with Blogger my third is with Wordpress since there are different blogging sites that offer different services I thought I'd try a different one for my last blog. Frankly, I'm not sure which I prefer. I'm not a blogging pro so, I chose what was easiest.

Which platform is more preferred? There's been plenty blogged about this subject. From my favorite blog, Problogger, Darren Rowse wrote: This post talks readers through some of the issues that they need to think through regarding choosing a blog platform.
  • ‘Which Blog Platform Should I use?’
  • ‘Should I use a free Blogger.com blog or get my own hosted blog on my own Domain? Which Blog Platform is best?’
  • ‘What are the Pros and Cons of going with Typepad instead of WordPress as a blog platform?’
  • ‘Should I start out on a free Blogging Platform and Upgrade later?’

These are just some of the typical questions that I get asked each day from bloggers starting out and attempting to make a decision on which blogging platform or tool they should choose. Read More

He's the pro so I listen and read every word he says. He ran a poll on his website on what platforms blogger use to blog. Wordpress.org [not to be confused with the free wordpress] was the most popular. Blogger [go blogger!] came in second. Read More

Which, blogging platform bloggers use depends on why they're blogging. Businesses tend to use the pay platforms and people like me, who want to write for babbling sake, use the free platforms.

What ever your blogging purpose is...BLOG ON!

2 Thoughts:

Jillian said...

Awesome. I only used Blogger by chance. A friend of mine started one up and I had to create an account to comment on it. it sat for a while until finally I decided to go ahead start writing stuff.

Keep it up!

djWhite said...

Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you started writing on your blog.

Post a Comment