Rocket Science and the Amateur

This is the premiere post of my new blog Voice-A-Thought formally known as OpinioNation Nook. As I was surfing through the web deciding what I would write about, I spotted the headlines "Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto Assassinated"
and decided there's no better place to start than with this headline.

First, I want to express my sadness at the murder of the a great and courageous lady but, in the same breath, want to ask -- is anyone really surprised.

I'm reading how Bush from the United States is shocked, how Kouchner from France is shocked, how Miliband from Great Britain is shocked etc., yet, I didn't read about the shock of Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf. Let's not be mistaken, I'm in no way implying that Musharraf had anything to do with this tragedy however, I don't believe one iota that he or any other Pakistani citizen is shocked. Sorrowful, some, despondent, some -- shocked...not in the least bit.

I, being an American citizen and proud of it, still can't fathom how or why anyone, other than those who are legends within their own minds, would want to live in a country where freedom of...practically everything, is squashed. Nor do I understand why there are those out there who will fight and commit suicide to keep democracy at bay.

When a group of people want to put shackles on democracy they're putting those same chains, a choke hold if you will, on their own self-preservation.

It isn't rocket science folks! Even us amateur and politically bankrupt know-nothings, understand this concept.




Technorati Tags: , ,

Powered by ScribeFire.

0 Thoughts:

Post a Comment